Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Getting to know you... getting to know all about you.

Well, I'm about a week and a half behind on blogging about this but felt that I absolutely HAD to document the outdoors-y-ness that occurred... Our second weekend as Coloradans was spent camping! Mind you this was only the second time in my life to sleep outdoors so it was a pretty big event. :)


Our church hosted a married couples retreat in the middle of gorgeous Golden Gate State Park and we had such a great time getting to know other couples, telling funny stories around the campfire and watching out for the bear that was recently spotted on the grounds.


Thankfully, the campgrounds had restrooms, Alex didn't make fun of me too much for wanting to sleep on an air mattress, and I brought (and wore) about 3 times as many layers as all the locals to sleep in. Baby steps.

Thanks, Heather, for the pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment