Sunday, July 11, 2010

Farewell to Texas Tour: June Edition

Where did June go? As you can tell from the lack of blog posts last month, we were BUSY.

We both celebrated our 24th birthdays, saw Wicked with my sister and brother-in-law, met up with Alex's sister, Hillary, and her bf in Austin, celebrated father's day with my dad, took a weekend trip to Houston & Galveston, saw our friend Layne get married, spent lots of time with friends, ate large amounts of Tex Mex and Texas BBQ, and much more!

We've been really praying that we would be purposeful with the little bit of time left here in the Lone Star State. We have been so blessed to have so many friends and family nearby during our first year and a half of marriage and want to make sure we soak up all the time with them we can!

Here are pictures from the few times we remembered to bring our camera along (I'm vowing right now to get better at this!)

Celebrating Alex's birthday at the St. Arnold's Brewery in Houston

The ladies
My grandparents' 80th birthday party/ family reunion in Galveston fell on Alex's birthday so they all 3 blew out candles. It was so fun catching up with cousins I grew up with and all the rest of the Pyne side of the family.Meeting up with Houston friends to celebrate both our birthdays at Taste of Texas. Alex took me here to celebrate my 20th birthday... my goodness, how much life changes in 4 years!
Layne's wedding in Dallas! Layne and Ashley (below) were neighbors of Alex's in college and those girls were huge blessings to me during the MANY weekends I made the trip up to Waco.

No comments:

Post a Comment