Sunday, July 11, 2010

Party in the city where the HEAT is on...



Earlier this year, we planned a summer vacation to Miami for the week after July 4th weekend. Little did we know how perfectly timed this vaction would be for us!

After a busy couple weeks of house showing, job hunting, a teeney bit of stressing (mostly from me), and lots of prayer, we were ready for a week of relaxing and laying out on the beach.

We woke up Tuesday morning to a text from our brother-in-law, Bart:
"Bouncin in the club where the heat is on,
All night on the beach til the break of dawn"
(if you didn't grow up in the 90s, that's a little of Will Smith's Miami song)
and of course had that song in our heads the whole way to the airport.

Upon landing in Miami, we turned on our phones and I saw I had just gotten a job offer from Johnson Controls in Denver! A good friend of mine, Anne, works for them here in Dallas and passed my resume along to her friend in the Littleton office. After just one phone conversation, and a few emails (and texts) with the manager up there, they opened up a position for me that's very similar to what I'm doing now. There is no POSSIBLE way for me to think this job offer was any of my doing... God is so good. He has been laying out this path for us so perfectly over the past few months!

Tuesday through Saturday was spent celebrating, drinking mojitos, attempting to taste test every fried plantain in South Beach, reading, laying out, enjoying the gorgeous ocean, and relaxing.


After dinner at Sushi Samba

The only downside of the trip was that the entire time we were in Miami, my sister, Suzanne, and her husband and litle ones were in Dallas. Thankfully, we got to see them Saturday afternoon and today!

No comments:

Post a Comment